Awards I Wish ExistedPosted: December 6, 2011
Randomly while I wait for bread to rise, here are some book awards I would like to see:
- good craft (needlework and fiber arts mainly) awards for best traditional patterns, best non-traditional patterns, best instructional style (believe it or not, some pattern authors are hard to follow), and most likely to be errata free
- best character development in a short story, stand alone novel, and series
- best plot device in the same formats
- best setting in all 3
- best backstory exposition in all 3
Edited to add:
6. best manipulation of genre standards in a novel or short-story.
So what would YOU like to see awarded?